Laser hair removal is a popular hair removal technique that uses laser technology to target and destroy hair follicles. A popular alternative to traditional methods like shaving or waxing, laser hair removal allows patients to achieve the smooth, soft, hair-free skin they want, faster and more efficiently, and with fewer side effects or downtime!
The Coherent Lumenis Laser
At Bayside Dermatology, we use a number of innovative laser devices for laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation – including the Coherent Lumenis laser. The procedure is performed using a high-powered laser that emits a specific wavelength of light that is absorbed by the pigment in hair follicles. This causes the follicles to heat up and ultimately be destroyed, preventing future hair growth.
Effective for All Skin Types
The Coherent Lumenis laser is clinically documented and proven to deliver results, and effectively treats the broadest patient population. The system safely treats all skin types, including tanned skin. High power and unique output control enable treatment of nearly any hair diameter or hair color. The 800nm wavelength diode laser technology is between the YAG and the Alexandrite Systems. Because of its multi-wavelength technology, it allows for treatment of the entire skin type spectrum, working 2x as fast as other lasers and delivering patients results in a much shorter treatment time.
Features of Coherent Lumenis Laser
- Contact cooling Chill Tip for superior epidermal protection and highest efficacy
- Advanced ChillTip™ handpiece ensures overall patient safety and added comfort, providing continuous contact cooling of the epidermis.
- Suitable for treatment on all areas of the body, large or small.
- Safely and effectively treats unwanted hair on all skin types, including those with dark or tanned skin.
- Lightweight design allows Lumenis to target even the hardest to reach areas of the body.
- Skincare benefits in addition to hair removal, including the treatment of vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, light scarring and more.
- Effectively treats issues like pseudofolliculitis barbae (PFB), as well as superficial leg veins and epidermal pigmented lesions.
- Can target hairs or almost any size, diameter or color.
For more information on laser hair removal or other treatments, be sure to contact Bayside Dermatology today.